Saturday, October 3, 2009

A quote worth reading....

"Sometimes I am asked to speak to young people who are toying with the idea of being missionaries. They want to know how I discover the will of God. The first thing was to settle once and for all the supremacy of Christ in my life...I put myself utterly and forever at His disposal, which means turning over all rights: to myself, my body, my self-image, my notions of how I am to serve my Master.....the will of God is always different from what they expect, always bigger, and, ultimately, infinitely more glorious than their wildest imaginings.

"I want to put it down right here that I have certainly 'tasted the joy'. I cannot imagine a more wonderfully blessed life than mine. Faithfulness of a loving Father--that's what I've found, every day of every week of every year, and it gets better."
-Elisabeth Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment