Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Unity

Praise be to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ who unites us so beautifully in faith and love. Since the recent move to Peru my mind has been dwelling frequently on this concept of unity as I find myself physically so far away from loved ones back in the United States. There have been many moments so far when I’ve actually felt very close to home thanks to Skype, e-mail, and Facebook. In fact, just last week I was able to watch the Twins game at a restaurant a few blocks away from where I am staying in Lima. On the other hand, there are also frequent moments in which I feel like life in the U.S. is a faint memory and that I’m completely out of touch with what is going on there. Being immersed in a very different culture while knowing that daily routines are still taking place back home makes it difficult to grasp this concept of unity. However, I am encouraged to know that even living on different continents, we share in fellowship and unity by the power of the Holy Spirit. Philippians 2:1-2 states, “If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose.” Though our locations may look and function completely different, we are united as we are blessed and instructed by the same God. As Christians, we have the mind of Christ (1 Corinthians 2:16) and confidently know that we are one because Christ leads and guides us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment