Saturday, February 5, 2011

English Class Updates

January was a full month with many new and exciting things to share concerning the English classes. Before Christmas I was teaching English in one location called Uchupampa. I'm continuing to teach in Uchupampa three days each week, but am now teaching in another location called San Jeronimo the other two days during the week. We just finished the third week of classes in San Jeronimo and there has been a great turn-out! I am teaching one class for kids and one class for adults. By expanding the areas where I am teaching, we have been able to serve more people in Lunahuana and make more connections with the people who live here.

In order to kick-off the classes in San Jeronimo, a group of volunteers from Faith St Louis came to Peru the week before the classes began to organize an English camp. This four-day camp included Bible stories, skits, crafts, songs, games, and an English lesson for both kids and adults. Many of these same people have been coming to the English classes on a consistent basis. Thank you to the team from Faith for their service! Their presence here was also encouraging on a spiritual and emotional level which I am also thankful for.

Please continue to pray for the relationships through the English classes and direction for the future of this service.

No comments:

Post a Comment