Thursday, September 16, 2010

Safe Arrival

As you can tell from the photo, I am extremely EXCITED to share that I arrived safely in Peru last week! Though there is much to learn about the people and culture of this beautiful country, I am enjoying all the initial introductions and looking forward to the upcoming weeks and months in which I will be further immersed.

The day after getting picked up from the airport in Lima, the Peru team took a trip down to Lunahuana which is where I will be living during my time here (see picture: from left to right- Jamie, me, Anthony). We spent a few days meeting people, eating delicious Peruvian cuisine, and spending time in this mountain community. Jamie and I were able to stay at our house for the first time and began figuring out how to make our way around the city. After a two night stay, we returned to Lima and began language training on Monday. Our school, "El Sol", is located a few blocks away from the mission apartment here in Lima. We spend half our time each day working on grammar and the other half working on conversation skills. It is hard work, but I am learning much each day not only about the language, but about the culture, the history, and the people of Peru.

Thank you all for your continued encouragement and support! :)

2 comments:

  1. What a great opportunity! I am excited to read about all your adventures and all the wonderful things you are doing! I am praying for you!

    Michelle Hoeppner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures-so proud of you and your committment to missionary work in Peru. You are truly following God's call in your life. I love you!
    ~Aunt Cindy

    ReplyDelete